Friday, January 8, 2021

SD-WAN replacement that is free?

We are getting rid of our SD-WAN appliances, brand at this point doesn't really matter. We are no longer using the bulk of its capabilities due to some restructuring. However, the one thing we do use the SD-WAN appliances for, is load balancing our two Internet connections and for failover/poor connectivity on one ISP etc...

I have done a bit of digging but haven't found much, but I am looking for an open source project that can handle the basic tasks for load balancing / failover etc... Preferably supports HA too. I have looked at PFSense and it might be able to do some of those things, but I haven't used it enough to know for sure. We are also trying to avoid redesigning the firewall at this point, so this I why I am asking.

If anyone has any experience, please let me know, thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment