Thursday, January 28, 2021

Spectrum Blocking Network Traffic

Hey everyone, I've been expierencing a problem I've never had before but have heard of other people having.

No external connections are ae to be made with my network.

My friend get a timeout immediately when my IP gets pinged. The traceroute dies at the same time warner router every time in one of the major cities nearby.

I've ensured there's no restrictive firewalls on my end to confirm that this isn't a me issue, and is in fact on the ISP. I've spent 4 hrs with them on the phone, because I want to be able to host game servers for friends again. They assured me I should be able to do so without restriction, and are blaming my hardware (modem + router), however this is known good equipment that works at other locations, and their own equipment doesn't even work.

They've escelated my ticket to the network engineers multiple times for them to kick it back and blame my hardware and my end without even probably reading the ticket.

What specific thing can I tell them to do to get the right person to fix this?



No comments:

Post a Comment