Friday, January 22, 2021

Penguin Computing Arctica 4804x-r Initial Configuration

I just got handed this switch from Penguin Computing. The model is Arctica 4804x-r. It is a 44 ports 10 Gbps switch with 4x 40 Gbps ports.

Naturally, it came with no cables or manuals. I can't seem to find any manual for it on the Internet either. Does anyone get any idea how to install Cumulus Linux onto this thing?

For starters, I need to connect to the console port, which I am able to do so far. Does anyone know the setting to connect to the console port? I tried 9600-8-N-1 as well as 115200-8-N-1, but got no luck so far.

Also, which Linux version should I install on this? Cumulus is recommending this version: 3.7.13. Not sure if it is the right one.

Thanks for any help.



No comments:

Post a Comment