Thursday, January 28, 2021

Networking setup question/recommended solution

Hi everyone,

Doing a setup for a business and am a bit confused on how best to do this.

Dsl is all they have to work with in the area and currently running a modem router combo to use voip office phones, a file server and wifi. There is a wifi booster on upper floor but it uses a different ssid than the main unit.

I need to bridge the lan to a shed behind the main building (about 50feet away). I ordered a ubiquiti loco M2 nanostation to mount on the outside of the shed to connect wirelessly to the main network and drop ethernet to a control panel on a kiln inside the shed. The idea is to be able to read data off the kiln from the main network. Can the unit I have handle this by itself?

I've heard that I would need a second loco M2 to receive the beam from the shed. I only have a wifi booster on the area I would beam to so in theory if I connect a second loco M2 to the Or is there a better solution?

Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment