Thursday, January 14, 2021

Network Diagram Help

Okay so I am new to networking and I am managing my parent's business. With the pandemic we decided to expand part of our business to a home office.
I need the home office to be always connected to the main office (Vlan1). I am planning to put our phone system on AWS with FreePBX + Asterix (Still learning how to implement this).
I have also recently bought a Synology NAS DS920+ that has 2 purposes. It will be serving as a main folder sharing server on VLAN 1. Additionally it will be serving has a media server for the rest of the house on VLAN4. There are 3 departments in Office 1 and the PCs cannot communicate. The printers ideally would be available in all VLans however they are a bit old and I am not sure if it is possible.
I know I probably need to get new equipment for Office 1.
I am bit overwhelmed and I probably need some help implementing this. Are there any courses that you recommend? Any tips on things I am overlooking/ changes I should make (equipment or diagram wise)? I am studying computer engineering however this is a bit out of my comfort area.
Thank you for your help!

https://imgur.com/u5j0oze



No comments:

Post a Comment