Thursday, January 14, 2021

Anyone have experience finding a new job in networking with a misdemeanor or criminal record?

In 2017 I was charged with domestic assault and 5th degree assault after a short scuffle with a roommate. I was offered a plea of disorderly conduct for the vulgar language I used and took it because I did not have $10k to fight the charges and prove it was in self defense. Even though I was only convicted of disorderly conduct, a non violent offense most companies see the charges (domestic assault and 5th degree assault) and immediately cut contact even though I have truthfully explained the situation. Whats a guy to do to get a job again? Its been almost 5 years since this incident with no other problems and it was a one off situation in the first place. I have gone from $70k a year to lucky to get a job for $17 an hour. Does anyone have advice?



No comments:

Post a Comment