Thursday, January 21, 2021

Need help extending L2 (arps, broadcasts, etc.) traffic from lab to AWS VPC subnet

Hello all. I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction. So what we're trying to accomplish is what the title says, bridge our lab network with a network in the AWS cloud. The reason being, we'd like to be able to capture L2 traffic on an instance in AWS that originates from our lab.

Here is our current setup:

LAB-SN(10.10.10.0) -> RTR -> VPN TUNNEL -> AWS_RTR -> AWS-SN (10.10.10.0)

Some things to note:

-both networks, cloud and on-premise, need to be on the same network

-both routers have LISP enabled and is working as intended

---Local router is the xTR, MS, and MR

---AWS router is the xTR

-OSPF is configured and neighbors are seen on both routers

The big question is, is there a technology or feature that I need to be using to accomplish this? As you can tell, I thought LISP was going to allow us to do this but the L2 functionality isnt working as intended. I'm looking into OTV/LISP but I dont think we have the hardware to support this. Any help will be greatly appreciated! If you have any questions, lmk. Thanks again!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment