Saturday, January 9, 2021

I am looking to apply to an Amazon data center but if that doesn’t go well what are other jobs that I could fall back onto. Haven’t been able to find many good jobs around me

So I currently am 20 no college degree and have been working at geeksquad as an advanced repair agent. I usually spend all my free time studying and doing side projects like right now I am trying to set up a pf sense server. And just Get into the networking side of tech.

I have been working here at geeksquad for a little under a year and it’s been a huge learning opportunity for me. I have worked on computers all my life and honestly my manager even comes to me when they don’t know what to do. Not at all trying to brag or be egotistical just saying I feel as if I should be good enough to go to the next step. If that makes sense.

Almost all people who work at geek squad move to Amazon after a couple years just because it pays double what we make and it’s basically a step up in how hard it is. But I’m excited to learn more.

So I have been working with a recruiter who has a 98% success rate that all my other friends at geeksquad went through who are currently working there full time now. (Didn’t impact $/hr”)

So if for some reason this doesn’t work out what are other places you guys would recommend for someone like me who is looking for just any sort of step up in difficulty as I am looking for a challenge and this is something that I just love. I could do This stuff all day every day 24/7



No comments:

Post a Comment