Monday, January 11, 2021

Cisco 1142N lightweight to autonomous

So I was given a whole bunch Air-LAP1142-N-K9 access points. They are in lightweight mode I cannot access conf t commands. I am trying to set them up and I've spent about 6 hours now researching why I cant load a new Image to them for autonomous.

So far I am able to connect the AP and hold mode and it brings me to the boot process where it attempts to grab c1140-k9w7-tar.default from my tftp folder. When it reaches my tftp folder I always get an error stating that it does not have permission to access the folders.

-My firewall is turned off

- I used tftp64 and solarwinds

-I used two separate machines to host the tftp server

-I have allowed the port to be forwarded on my router.

-The file is exactly the same name as the one that the AP tries to grab.

-I tried changing my ip 10.0.0.2 But Im not sure if this would even work in my network. that Ip is in a different subnet so idk.

I'm basically throwing in the towel at this point but its really annoying me that I cant get them to work so you guys are my last hope. Im not sure what permissions I can change as well I messed around with a bunch of security settings but no luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment