Wednesday, January 13, 2021

ASA MAC addresses collection

We are providing over 100 ASAs to our customer so our network can be connected to theirs. We will be configuring and managing these firewalls. A problem with this is that the customer requires the MAC address of the ASA so they can provide us an IP address from their network (idk if they are using the MAC to authenticate us or something). This will require me opening up, powering on, and collecting the MAC address of the interface we will be plugging into the customer's network as the box of the ASA only provides one MAC address and none of the interfaces match to this MAC (I'm assuming this is the MAC of the device itself).

Any recommended solutions for this? I was thinking I could assign a locally administered MAC address to the interface when it comes to building them so I can provide a list of MAC addresses to the customer straight away and there's no need to unbox them to get the MAC.



No comments:

Post a Comment