Thursday, December 10, 2020

Changing Firewalls from Versa to... something

So, I have the opportunity to get away from Versa through CenturyLink (Lumin now) and I'm trying to figure out what to go with. We get Cisco NFR pricing at around 80% so I'm thinking of replacing them all with potentially Cisco Meraki MX-250s for the main office and MX-100's for the branch office. I'm also contemplating Cisco's NGFW (at least for the corporate office). We were pushed on the Versa's years ago because my company wanted to use SDWAN, but honestly we have 0 use for it, and site-to-site tunnels are fine.

Corporate office has maybe 200 users (or will after this stupid panic is over), branch offices have anywhere from 5 to 20 users.

Due to the NFR pricing, the it's obvious that we need to stick with Cisco, but is going with Meraki a bad choice for an enterprise network or should I push for the NGFW?



No comments:

Post a Comment