Thursday, December 31, 2020

Any of you cowboy types running VyOS rolling release in production? Any other free recommendations?

I'm in the market for a free or dirt cheap router. Mikrotik CHR has rubbed me the wrong way with their half implemented IPv6 features. I'm currently running Debian + FRR and it's mostly fine but I'm longing for something with a more complete CLI/config system. With FRR, I end up doing half the config on the host and half in FRR, and it's kind of a nightmare.

Very little traffic on this setup currently, but I need OSPF, VRFs, BGP with vpnv4/6 and VRRP. It's a service provider type network.

I'm happy to pay the $750/yr for the stable version eventually, just can't swing it right now. Just curious if anyone has been bitten by trying to use the rolling release, or if tends to be pretty stable.

Or, any other OS recommendations would be welcome as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment