Thursday, November 26, 2020

Some android devices showing no internet when connected to the wifi

So I run a small enterprise network and I've got users with android devices that when they connect to the wifi they show that they're connected but have no internet connection. However, when you put the device in airplane mode and connect to the wifi they connect just fine.

It's only affecting a handful of android devices and all of the affected devices experience this at both sites.

I'm not running anything particularly fancy. I've just got ubiquiti gear for my infrastructure with a pi hole as my dns server. The only thing thats not just default settings is I have a rules that block all inbound and outbound ipv6 and dns traffic that isn't from the pi hole.

Anybody have any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment