Thursday, November 26, 2020

Point to MultiPoint Wireless Bridging

Happy Thursday/Friday r/networking

I've recently been tasked with supporting a network that makes heavy use of many different outdoor wireless technologies (Cambium and Rajant to name a few), in addition to some standard Cisco gear. Although I'm not directly responsible for administration of the wireless gear mentioned, I want to be able to participate in conversations around them, and of course they're in the path of switches that I do manage so I think it's important I get to a good degree of understanding of them.

Although I have a decent understanding of 802.11 and RF concepts in carpeted spaces (have worked with Cisco Aironet APs, controllers, mobility express, Meraki, etc.), outdoor wireless (point to point, point to multipoint, point to multipoint (to point to multipoint?)) is pretty alien to me. Does anyone that's dealt with outdoor wireless (industrial applications specifically would be a huge bonus, would love to pick your brain) have some good starting points to suggest for my research/study? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment