Saturday, November 21, 2020

Network Rack Inquiries

I have a few inquiries in relation to mounting gear on a server rack:

  1. What is the more common term used? Network Rack, Server Cabinet, Data Rack? I know it can be interchanged but what is generally used?
  2. I read about M5 and M6 cagenut sizing. Which sizing is used generally? I just got a network rack on its way but it does not have much details on its spec sheet besides max load (150kg). I want to order some nuts in advance to be ready to mount the gear
  3. Do I need special cage nuts for heavier equipment? I have a 30-pound router and was worried it may bend my rack posts
  4. Question for the max load on a 4 post network rack. I have a 2x2 post rack that I bought which has a max load of 150kg. Does this mean that one side must be 75kg and the other must hold 75kg to even it out or is that not necessary? This is a second-hand rack so not much info was provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment