Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Suggestions needed on improving this learning path

Hi all, I am working as a Kubernetes administrator managing some small scale clusters. Deep knowledge of networking is crucial for me to work, but I have a basic understanding of the concepts. I decided to learn networking from basics to advanced topics. So I created a learning path based on highly recommended books on different forums including this sudreddit. Certification is not my criteria, but need to learn a ton of concepts like tcp/ip, ip addressing, routing, subnetting, dns, bgp, vlans, vxlans, overlay networks, bridge networks to manage physical infrastructure as welll as virtual environments. I like running distributed systems with large scale infrastructure, so networking is one of my favourite areas. My learning path is

Basics:

Network+ cert guide by Mike Meyers

CCNA OCG 200-301 by ODOM

Intermediate:

TCP/IP Illustrated volume 1

Routing TCP/IP 1 & 2 Volumes by Doyle

Network warrior

Ethernet definitive guide

Advanced:

Troubleshooting BGP by Vinit Jain

Internet Routing Architecture by Halabi

According to you, how is my learning path as per my requirements? Do you suggest any additional resources? Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment