Thursday, October 22, 2020

monitoring bandwitdh and latency over L2 p2p leased line

hi to all,sorry for my not tech terms but i'am quite new to this, i had bought a L2 1Gbps leased line with my current carrier service provider, connecting my two offices.

I want to monitor its quality (meaning bandwidth and latency mainly).

I actually have their "black box" switch (under their control) with one eth cable terminating inside my switch (under my control).

without blindly trust my csp or using other external solution (software probes/vm with iperf tool running forever in background/other) i am thinking about a smart way to check bandwidth use and latency and interface crc errors (just to name a few values i think should be good to graph historically).

do you think that it should be enough to check via snmp my switches ports on the two sides (officeA and officeB) on that values? do it make any sense? how do you do this kind of stuff?

thank you,



No comments:

Post a Comment