Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Huawei AR617VW-LTE4 DSVPN and DMVPN Compatibility/Dual SIM&Dual Active Radio Confusion

Hi guys,

My service provider is offering Huawei AR617VW-LTE4 to provide connectivity to small branches. Currently, we are using Cisco's 800 series routers with 3G/4G and have a small DMVPN topology. SP insists on AR Routers can do DMVPN, but when I check there is only something called DSVPN which is similar to DMVPN yet I haven't found any compatibility information. Even if it works at first I am afraid it might cause some bigger problems. Do you happen to have any public information about this one either from Huawei or Cisco side?

Secondly, SP is again insists that AR617VW-LTE4 are Dual SIM and Dual Active Radio. When I check the Datasheet there is nothing clearly stated if I can use both of the SIMs Active at the same time. One of the notes it is stated as "The double-card single-standby is supported, and SIM1 is the default master card" that tells me it is an active/standby type of situation am I right?

Thanks in advance for your comments



No comments:

Post a Comment