Saturday, September 12, 2020

Under qualified and can’t track down an issue

Hello! I’m sorry if you guys get these pleas for help a little too often. Also, If I’m breaking the rules please let me know.

I work in a very small IT office and we are having connectivity issues. The last couple of weeks have been a constant flow of tickets about Internet slowness. We’ve added a few new items/processes that may be sucking up the bandwidth, but I need cold hard data to back it up before I propose a solution.

As I stated, I’m severely under qualified to be assessing the functionality of a Cisco ASA. I can access ASDM 7.9 and see some basic stats, but nothing that screams “I’m dropping packets like crazy in favor of this other traffic.” CPU and Memory seem to be less than 50% utilized on average. The firewall seems to show dropped packets, but I think it’s referring to the SYN attacks being dropped. Even our ISP sent a report saying that our connection was under utilized

Any assistance would be wonderful.

I know we need a networking professional to come in and assess this setup with all the cloud changes we’ve had, but management is non responsive. I’m all for letting it burn to the ground and forcing their hand, but that means in the interim I’m working weekends replying to these tickets.



No comments:

Post a Comment