Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Phones register consistently using TCP, rarely/intermittently using UDP

I'm a bit stumped at the moment, hoping one of y'all could shed some light on this dilemma.

Network is setup as follows:

WAN----->
|
Fortigate (with public IP to WAN, and a private IP (172.x.x.x) to Sophos firewall. Managed by security vendor)
|
Sophos FW (w/ private IP to Fortigate (172.x.x.x) on WAN, private IPs on internal vLANs
|
Core Switch
|
Ubiquiti ACGen2 Fixed Wireless network
|
Site Switch
|
Yealink T54W

I'm pretty certain my vLAN config is good because the phones come up, get DHCP from my Windows Server (also connected to core switch), and will always successfully register when set to use TCP, but only sporadically/rarely when using UDP.

What am I missing?



No comments:

Post a Comment