Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Beginner's Problem: Why does my network manager not offer the required Encryption/ Authentication options?

I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, and I am sorry if this question is not as proper as it should be, but I am very confused. I am trying to connect to my local eduroam network as instructed by my university, and it doesn't work. I'm on a manjaro laptop computer, and I am very confused by the different network options. For example, the university's instructions say:

Encryption:  WPA2/AES

EAP-Type: EAP-TTLS

While my network manager does not even have those options for a wifi network. It has the following Security options:

- None

- WEP key 40/128 bits

- WEP key 128 bits

- LEAP

- Dynamic WEP (802.1x)

- WPA/WPA2 Personal

-WPA/WPA2 Enterprise

- WPA3 Personal

And as authentication method, it has the following:

- TLS

- LEAP

- PWD

- FAST

- TTLS

- PEAP

So my question is: Are WPA2/AES and EAP-TTLS just synonyms for something in the list of options that my network manager has? And is "EAP-Type" the same as "Authentication method"?



No comments:

Post a Comment