Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Pay For The Las Man Standing

I'm looking for some community feedback on this one:

TLDR: My entire IT team including my boss were fired this month, I'm the only one left and need to know what is fair pay for 10 years experience, enough certs, 24hr support for 4 locations across 3 states.

So when COVID hit we had an IT team of 4, myself included. Together we provided all the sysadmin, network, hardware and dev support for a logistics company spanning 3 states, with for locations, 100~ end users, around 12 servers on three physical hosts, VOIP, IP Cameras, mobile scanning systems, countless label printers and all the wired and wireless networking in the offices & warehouse to support it.

The first two were let-go after a furlough, all the dev stuff got outsourced, and my boss just got fired yesterday. So now there's just me, for all of it, 24 hrs a day, and they don't plan on hiring anyone. I'm supposed to be talking to the EVP about my new role on Friday and want to get some feedback from the community on what's fair for salary.

Let me know your thoughts and questions, appreciate any feedback!

Edit: ok my last edit didn't save, the 24hr period is not year round, it's 4 months out of the year. I am brushing up the resume and looking for ne work but I have the opportunity to make some extra pay until a better gig comes along. Any advice on a figure would be most helpful, I think we all agree this is not a sustainable situation.



No comments:

Post a Comment