Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Network refresh

Good evening, I currently work for a school district network department. I have been involved in network refreshes with other jobs for example city,county networks, even an Amazon warehouse.
The refreshes were Cisco 3750s/3850s & 4500s to Cisco 9500 and 9300, stacks ect.

The current school district has 3750/3850s and 4500s. I want to start the process of stating a network refresh in a phased deployment for the next 2-3 years with smartnet as budget permits.

The main concern for the current IT department is the Cisco licensing costs along with the devices. It’s about 24 sites and about 300 devices. They prefer refreshing to something cheaper like dell switches at the access and distribution layer.

What are you guys thoughts, I have a ccna route switch and I’m not worried about working with diff brands, networking is networking, my concern is support and reliability. Any school district network engineers who have make the leap away from Cisco to save $$$&



No comments:

Post a Comment