Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Billion Modem and a UNIFI UDM PRO

Hello everyone,

Having some annoying issues with a new client we picked up. I’ve never had to deal with FTTN connections in Australia, all of our clients are on enterprise fibre (and this one will be too). But in the mean time, trying to get it all going until that arrives.

So they have FTTN and that is provided via a modem. We went out and bought a billion 8900x r3 to replace the ISP modem as it had minimal options and configurations.

I want to make sure I’ve got the modem on bridge mode however our WAN connection on the modem must be IPoE to get the VDSL connection.

Any clues on how best to do this?

I’ve also got a VPN issue where some clients cannot connect but some can and it’s constantly changing who can and cannot connect. It’s an L2TP connection. I’ve heard you cannot have multiple connections from one public IP connect to the single remote server using L2TP? Is that correct?



No comments:

Post a Comment