Saturday, September 19, 2020

Job prospects for a person with no IT experience

I am 30 years old and looking to make a career change. Networking seems very interesting to me, even though I have no experience in IT. I am already enrolled in Community College to get an Associate's degree that comes with a CCNA, before transferring to a Bachelor's in Networking, all while trying to get some initial certs (CompTIA A+, Net+, Sec+) on my own. I don't mind starting out from the bottom, but wanted to have the potential move out of help desk quickly. Also, I'm determined to dabble in code and learn at least some Python. How realistic is it for me to land a first job in the US in a medium to large sized city with at least the A+ certs so I can at least get some experience while I knock out other certs/the BS degree? I just get really nervous with how much emphasis there is on experience in IT when I'm making the switch at 30. I'd like to make a comfortable income after a few years of experience (70k at least? I was making 60k as a teacher). Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment