Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Hotel War Room

Hello r/networking,

I'm looking for a little guidance on a noob question. A potential client asked me to setup a War Room at a local hotel where Attorney's can discuss the case on a secure network. My first inclination was to setup a VPN to their main office and they work off USB printers, but they will require 3 networked printers. I thought about setting up a print server to accommodate this - would a VLAN be the way to go to achieve this?

Maybe the current IT for the hotel could assist in doing so?

I have Ubiquiti equipment to cover if necessary.

What the setup entails:

- 9 people working off a secure network of their own

- 3 Network printers

- potentially the ability to plug in directly to a wall jack to gain access to the secured network

​

Some hotels have removed ethernet jacks so that last option may not be worth the consideration.

​

What would you guys do in this situation?



No comments:

Post a Comment