Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Hotel War Room

Hello r/networking,

I'm looking for a little guidance on a noob question. A potential client asked me to setup a War Room at a local hotel where Attorney's can discuss the case on a secure network. My first inclination was to setup a VPN to their main office and they work off USB printers, but they will require 3 networked printers. I thought about setting up a print server to accommodate this - would a VLAN be the way to go to achieve this?

Maybe the current IT for the hotel could assist in doing so?

I have Ubiquiti equipment to cover if necessary.

What the setup entails:

- 9 people working off a secure network of their own

- 3 Network printers

- potentially the ability to plug in directly to a wall jack to gain access to the secured network

Some hotels have removed ethernet jacks so that last option may not be worth the consideration.

What would you guys do in this situation?



No comments:

Post a Comment