Friday, September 4, 2020

Dell MX7000 networking issue

Hi, I'm configuring a server chassis (Dell MX7000) with 2 MX9116n for ethernet networking. I have 4 MX740c inside, which runs ESXi 6.7.

The chassis is running in Fabric mode.

Last week I could communicate with the 4 ESXi but I have made changes on the uplinks ports since (not the internals ports !) and I don't know why but it wiped the partitions so I had to re-install ESXi.

Now I can ping from ESXi to ESXi but not from ESXi to MX9116n (and not from MX9116n to ESXi of course).

The internal ports are configured with no teaming, trunking all VLANs. I currently use the VLAN 1 to manage my switches, idrac, ... and for the ESXi. This VLAN is untagged. The compute sleds have a profile applied with the network configuration (vlan) explained just before.

Do you have any idea ? I'm pretty sure I configured correctly the network because it worked last week, and except the modifications to the uplink switches I didn't change anything.

Thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment