Saturday, August 1, 2020

What are your favorite virtual networking tools for playing with ACI/SDN

Hey guys, I am a software engineer who just accepted a role on a networking team. I'm being brought on to help them get the ball rolling with SDN and ACI automations. I have a very limited background in networking (my employer is well aware) so I wanted to get my feet wet by playing around with some virtual networks.

What are your favorite tools? I am looking at GNS3, Ciscos ACI Simulator, etc. Are there any others you would recommend? I have a halfway decent server to run a virtual network on. 64 gb ddr3, 12 cores, 14 TB raid 5 storage.

Edit* Wanted to say thank you for all the help on this thread! Thankfully, my old company decided to not keep me for the extra two weeks although that was my intention and now I have a whole week free to prepare and study!



No comments:

Post a Comment