Saturday, August 29, 2020

PoE++ ethernet switch?

this may be a bit off topic for this subreddit, but I figured someone here might have an idea.

I work in video production, mostly live events. we just got these amazing robo cams that can be powered via a PoE++ switch. (our old robos used PoE+, and I have confirmed our current PoE+ switch does not power these new cameras)

the cameras can also be powered via 4-pin XLR, which is fairly standard for high-end cameras, but it is very convenient to be able to power via the ethernet cable that controls the camera, and not have to run an extension cord out to a usually very crowed stage.

So, I’ve googled PoE++ to look for some purchase options, but, and this is the darndest thing, I can’t seem to find anything. Its like PoE++ switches don’t actually exist. The engineering spec for PoE++ exists, but, no actual pieces of hardware.

am I an idiot? a blink idiot? Anyone have any ideas? Bueller?



No comments:

Post a Comment