Saturday, August 29, 2020

New home pre-wired Ethernet port question

Hi guys. So just moved into a new home and there are three pre wired Cat 6 wall plates in the home. These three wires are then ran to the laundry room where they are unterminated cat 6 cable ends. My project today was to terminate these ends and plug them into my switch. I began by removing the wall plate and examining which termination standard was being used and to my surprise( keep in mind this is my first time terminating cable ends) the cabling, while it does follow the B standard posted on the wall plate itself, does not follow what I had found on the internet

The termination on the wall plate is as follows: 1. Orange/white 2. Orange 3.Blue/white 4. Blue 5. Green/white 6. Green 7.Brown/white 8. Brown

Does anyone have any insight? Thank you



No comments:

Post a Comment