Friday, August 21, 2020

Need help with a 2 router setup

Hi guys,

Looking for some help - I'm an absolute noob when it comes to this so please give advice in simple terms, I'm not very clued with the terminology etc.

I have 2 routers and multiple devices.

Router - GL.inet x750 spitz & edge router X.

I have my 4 devices - 2 desktops, 1 work laptop & a raspberry pi for pihole.

My setup is as follows: x750 > edge router > 4 wired devices. I want wireless disabled.

I want everything managed on the edge router, QoS (I have a basic queue set for my 2 desktops for bandwidth limits), etc .. (unless it's better to have this on the x750?).

What I'm trying to achieve here is have the x750 in bridge or IP pass through? (Is that right?) so I don't get double NAT because I game (my DSL connection constantly has faults and the 4G is more reliable believe it or not. I also get Lower ping on 4G).

I just want the x750 to take the connection from my ISP but want all routing etc done on the edge router so keep the number of hops, etc and ping as low as possible.

Is what I'm asking possible? Or is there a better way to do this?

Also will this stop me accessing the GUI of the x750?

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment