Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Need Help Identifying An RJ-?? Cable

I hoping this is the correct sub for this question - if not, please let me know where I can submit this.

I need help in identifying what type of RJ-?? cable end this is. Here is the best image I can get.

This cable is a standard RJ-45 Termination on one end, and has been "spliced" on the other end to make two RJ-?? connections that connect to two CenturyLink Routers.

The "Problem" is that I want to move the two modems to a different physical location but I can't due to the length of the RJ-45 cable. I have bought a longer RJ-45 cable which will allow me to move the two modems. I plan on manually terminating the two RJ-?? ends to connect to the two CenturyLink modems.

I purchased these RJ12 6P6C pieces since they looked nearly identical to what was currently being used in the CenturyLink Modem. However, you can see here that they're not exactly the same (best image I can get).

Can anyone help me in identifying the correct ends currently being used so I can purchase some more? Any/All help is greatly appreciated!



No comments:

Post a Comment