Tuesday, August 25, 2020

DevOps from Caltech or DevNet Associate from Cisco or going solo?

I have been SysAdmin, Network Admin, and Network Engineer for almost 20 years.For two years, I am working on Cisco Meraki devices and love managing my fleet using APIs.

I am in a cross road and would like to hear your suggestions. Shall I attend the new DevOps certificate from Caltech or go for the DevNet Associate certification from Cisco.

I have been in Cisco's track from 2002 and i have a CCNP, and I have learning credits that I can use to take the exam and buy few learning materials. But I thought I will need a broader understanding of DevOps outside my Cisco's world. I searched for learning tracks and come across the Caltech DevOps program, but I am not sure it is a fit for me and couldn't find a review for the program. It is a 9 month program for $4,500 and I have to pay for it.

Shall i do my own track or stick to one of the above two. I motivate my self and work hard when I have an exam to pass or if I pay for it, but not sure if that works here, as this is a new territory to me. I live in Bay Area and will probably look for work once I finish the program or get my certification, and I am not sure how the job market is

Thanks,



No comments:

Post a Comment