Monday, August 3, 2020

Looking for Reviews/Experiences with GPON Equipment Vendors and Support

We are going to be looking into rolling FTTH and I'm needing to find more vendors and what their offerings are. The only two I have experience with is Calix and Ubiquiti.

Calix has some pretty decent support but it does take them quite some time to get someone on the phone. Their equipment does appear to perform well. Rarely have issues with any of their stuff. I absolutely hate their CLI (Both AXOS and EXOS). Also, their CPE products look and feel really old and dated. Even their brand new router.

I have used Ubiquiti's hardware but not their GPON Offerings. I've also never had to get them on the phone for any kind of support. It was easy stuff to figure out. Also, the vyatta based interface is something that I am used to. They products look very good and something I think our customers would be impressed with when they see it. Cannot say the same with Calix's stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment