Monday, August 3, 2020

Decentralised Network Latency Reduction Question

Hello,

Bit of a noob when it comes to all things networking! For my comp sci degree I've been tasked to come up with an experiment to test and evaluate a latency reduction method for a decentralised network, the full problem is below:

"Reducing Latency in Decentralised Connectivity for the Internet of Things in Distributed Systems"

I've been doing broad research into the topic, latency reduction methods, centralised vs decentralised for IoT, etc (even stuff like fog computing and edge computing). But honestly? I'm not really getting far with it at all. I'm struggling to pinpoint something I can investigate, test and get results from. I just can't get my head around it and find a good foothold.

Is there areas I should be looking into more? And are there emulators / programs / algorithms than could be useful in undertaking this?



No comments:

Post a Comment