Thursday, August 13, 2020

Issue with PA 5220 Active/Passive Nexus vPC

I'm looking for some insight on the proper config for our Palo HA pair. We tried doing a firmware upgrade since there was a critical release a couple weeks ago regarding SAML patch, and it went poorly to say the least. This is the first time I think we haver actually had to failover since I've been here.

​

Our Current Setup https://imgur.com/a/HRZPdC5

We have two Palo-Alto 5220's in HA. Each is connected to two Nexus 3000 switches via vPC.

​

The upgrade path went like this:

- We upgraded FW2, since it was already passive.

- Manually failed over to FW2 and upgraded FW1

- Manually failed back over to FW1, then no internet traffic/management etc.

​

For whatever reason now, FW1 is unusable, can login but it just will not route any traffic. Currently we just suspended FW1 and are running on the one.

​

Anyone have a similar setup? Anything I should be doing different?

​

Thanks for any insight!



No comments:

Post a Comment