Friday, August 7, 2020

[HP A 5120 - Comware 5] Remote mirroring issues

I'm trying to make a remote mirroring working but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right.

First, let me explain if I understand monitor-egress vs reflector-port

As I understand it, monitor-egress is my trunk/uplink to my remote switch and reflector-port is only use if I'm doing local mirroring. I'm right or wrong?

My pcap only show broadcast from the network I'm monitoring not the client I'm monitoring even if I generate traffic like icmp or http. In this case, the client is a network printer.

Configuration on the source switch:

mirroring-group 1 remote-source

mirroring-group 1 remote-probe vlan 99

mirroring-group 1 monitor-egress g 1/0/52

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/16

stp disable

mirroring-group 1 mirroring-port both

Configuration on the destination switch:

mirroring-group 1 remote-source

mirroring-group 1 remote-probe vlan 99

interface GigabitEthernet3/0/14

stp disable

mirroring-group 1 monitor-port



No comments:

Post a Comment