Thursday, August 13, 2020

FiberHome AN5506-04-F bricked?

My ISP informed me that they are configuring new settings on my GPON, ever since then, my device is refusing the save WAN broadband settings and therefore cannot connect to the internet. I've tried factory resetting to no avail. It seems like every time I do a factory reset, the device doesn't actually fully reset; it still has my PPPoE information in memory even after a full reset!

Unfortunately, due to lack of popularity, there are no firmware files available for the stock version of the AN5506-04-F, only some PLDT ISP-specific version. So there is no way for me to try my hand at a firmware upgrade either.

I have another GPON (Huawei EchoLife HG8346M) which I would like to use now that my AN5506 seems to be bricked. However, the EchoLife doesn't register on the OLT and keeps cycling between 02(Stand_by) an O3(Serial_Number_State)

My question is:

Is there any way to resuscitate the FiberHome AN5506 from it's seemingly bricked state? If not, is there any way to trick the OLT to register my EchoLife GPON?



No comments:

Post a Comment