Thursday, August 13, 2020

Cisco ASA 5508-X Threat Defender....HAAAALP!!!

So I inherited a FW that a Security guy, who deals with policies and has a little networking experience, but this was NOT his thing, attempted to configure it but had no idea what he was doing and left it for the next guy......me. Now I have dealt with Cisco for a while and am pretty comfortable with navigating a firewall, although I've never really dealt with Cisco. Nonetheless, I love a good challenge.

I can log into the console port. The running-config shows that all 8 ports AND the Management port are shut down. I figured I would just type "enable" and I would be able to configure the Management port so that I could get to the Web Interface.......WRONG!!!! Enable is not an acceptable command.

Is there a way to either configure the ports from the CLI, or my only option to reset this to default and start all over...with either option, I will need help.



No comments:

Post a Comment