Thursday, August 27, 2020

Beginner help, two bridges via Proxmox

I have a host machine (proxmox) with several VMs. I want one of these machines to act as a proxy for all the traffic:

Internet - proxyVM - others

By default i got a bridge, vmbr0 and i can set proxyVM tap (generated by proxmox on vm creation) to this bridge (together with eno1). Now I can ping to google.com from proxyVM, great.

Internet - host - vmbr0 - proxyVM

Now I want another bridge to connect proxyVM and all the other VMs:

Internet - host - vmbr0 - proxyVM - vmbr1 - (all VMs)

In Proxmox I created another bridge (cant set the gateway not sure why). I added another network device on the proxyVM. Not sure if this is needed but it gives me another tap that I can add to vmbr1. So "brctl show" looks okay? I guess? I see 2 interfaces on vmbr0, eno1 and tap0 from proxyVM. I see 2 interface on vmbr1, tap1 from proxyVM and taps from the other VMs that I set up.

However still I cant reach to Internet from any of the VMs.. am I missing something? What do I need to set this up? Thanks! Total beginner here...



No comments:

Post a Comment