Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Recommendation for 10G SFP+ to 10GBASE-T transceiver for Mellanox switch

Howdy folks: I have a storage/compute cluster that is tied together with a Mellanox swith: Mellanox Model MSX1016X-2BFS 10 GbE SX1016 64-port SDN with SFP+ ports.

I have an opportunity to add a NAS to this network, however the NAS only offers a 10GBASE-T port.

After doing some research I have come across a transceiver that appears to adapt from SFP+ port to the 10GBASE-T: https://www.hpcoptics.com/Mellanox-MFM1T02A-TX

I am wondering if anyone has used such a device in the past and if you found it works and indeed connects at 10 Gb/s.

The NAS and the switch will be in adjacent server racks. Are there any specific cabling issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment