Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Netgear S3300 Auto-Voip Tagged ports getting reset

Sorry reddit foo is failing me this morning I'm trying to cross post since I didn't get any response in the r/NETGEAR channel.

Hey everyone I'm looking for some help on a Auto-Voip on some Netgear S3300 switches.

I have several S3300 switches (not stacked) throughout my facility linked together with "trunked" vlans. The problem I'm having is that previously with Netgear switches I've set up my tagged ports to link switches together, then enabled OUI based Auto-Voip on the ports where I expect to have phones and everything just works.

On these switches that does work, however if you try to update tagged ports after enabling Auto-Voip it throws an error. And if the switch reboots or you backup and re-load your config the switch no longer has the port(s) marked as tagged that we use for the trunk between switches.

My first thought was that I must not be following the way this stuff is supposed to work, however I cannot find any documentation on how the "Right" way is to set up auto-voip with multiple vlans tagged over a backhaul link to core infrastructure. Can anyone explain how this is supposed to work or link me to Netgear docs on the topic?

thank you in advanced

https://www.reddit.com/r/NETGEAR/comments/hzk1ap/s3300_autovoip_tagged_ports_getting_reset/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x



No comments:

Post a Comment