Saturday, July 25, 2020

Is DevNet in demand?

As much as people gripe about Cisco and certs in general, I skyrocketed my career by quickly studying for and attaining certs early on. There was a pretty tangible change in the quality and pay of offers I was getting as I moved up the cert ladder.

Is DevNet in demand in that kind of way? I jumped on the DevNet train pretty early but haven't had recruiters knocking down my door about it. I work in automation and the automation job messages I get are never even Cisco related. I get the feeling that DevNet is more of Cisco's way to try to steer the Networking field towards development and APIs and create this demand rather than answering an existing need for this demand? Am I off base here? Is enterprise networking actually pursuing development?



No comments:

Post a Comment