Thursday, July 16, 2020

Can I ask for router suggestions here? I've tried countless other tech subs and I've just been shit on. Kind of tired of it honestly. Not everyone is a master at these things. Just delete if not allowed, don't even bother telling me about it. If you can answer, details below and thanks.

I have 1gb of fiber in my home. I'm currently using the Netgear R7000 which is suppose to be 1gb capable. After having my service tech come over countless times and testing at their modem and getting speeds of 800/900 plus up and down consistently, they tested at my router, he immediately said before running the test that I would be around 300 and inconsistent. It was, spot on. He informed me that Netgear has that router locked to those speeds. I call Netgear and asked them wtf, they market at 1gb capable but it's locked.

They actually have the nerve to tell me I needed to pay for a patch/update/driver to unlock it so I just hung up.

Got a 1gb service because its suppose to be enough to work for my home. But, my wife and I have stopped using the wifi on our phones because our data is simply better.

I game, a lot and am hard wired and even then, it's laggy at best.

I am also in a graduate program and I can't have the class videos and other videos on the web play on higher resolution making it difficult to take notes.

Essentially, I'm looking for a product that itself isn't garbage and from a firm that isn't trash also.

Thanks for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment