Friday, June 19, 2020

Tunneling into Mobile Hotspot

Hi there,
I've been looking for a solution to this problem and I've come short of a meaningful answer.
I'd appreciate any insight into this.

I'm looking for a way to connect to a mobile LTE hotspot connection remotely using any means necessary. I'm using a service that only allows me to authenticate when I'm directly connecting using the hotspot, thus the need to share the hotspot's IP remotely.

Originally, I had intended on setting up a Wireguard instance on a computer that is connected to the hotspot so that I can connect to it from anywhere. However, I quickly realized that most mobile networks block all UDP ports and thus the Wireguard instance won't be reachable.
I could technically move the hotspot with me but I'm trying to avoid that all together and create some sort of tunnel between wherever I am and the hotspot connection.

Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment