Thursday, June 18, 2020

Cradlepoint Carrier LAN IPs

Hey guys, Looking for some guidance on how to setup a 4G carrier provided public LAN block on a Cradlepoint CBA850. Backstory is I purchased 4G service with a static IP address and a carrier provided public /29 LAN block that is statically routed to the WAN IP. I gave the first usable IP address of the LAN block to the LAN1 interface, disabled IPv6, IPv4 DHCP and disable NAT by changing the routing mode to ‘standard’. I can ping statically assigned devices on the same /29 LAN subnet and can ping the WAN interface address on the Cradlepoint (assuming because it’s a physically connected interface), however, I am unable to ping the internet from the LAN interface. Is anyone able to provide any guidance on what settings to check or what to try next in order to get my LAN block on the net without NAT? P.S. I have no issues grabbing a NAT’d IP and getting online but that completely defeats the purpose of getting that public LAN block.



No comments:

Post a Comment