Friday, May 22, 2020

VLAN Trouble with pfSense

Hello everyone,

I have a question in regards to pfSense and an employees computer here in the office. A former employee who was a real certified network engineer wired and setup our network here, so I'm coming into this not knowing exactly the wiring to this building.

For some reason an employees computer has decided that it wants to sit our public WiFi network instead of the in-house LAN network. The computer is connected via LAN and it's not connected to any WiFi. It's the only computer in the entire building that seems to have this issue. When I manually set the IP address in Network Settings of Windows, it no longer has internet, even with a static DNS set of 1.1.1.1. Our company is trying to stay PCI complaint and I'd assume a work computer on the guest network is not a good thing haha.

If anyone could help me resolve this, that would be amazing!!



No comments:

Post a Comment