Thursday, May 14, 2020

Repeating packets on my network?

Hi and thanks in advance. I'm relatively tech capable, but network hardware and software is a big blindspot for me. Long story short, I have a few "smart" air conditioners that are connected to my network with static local IPs. A ridiculously buggy and inconsistent app sends signals over IP to control them. I don't think the app will continue to work for long, so while it does, I'd like to use it to try to mimic it's normal operation signals so I can keep using it by sending the same data without the app. I can packet sniff with wire shark and see the data going to the AC. Is there some preferred method of copying and resending these data on command? I've googled around but I'm mostly finding hacking related preventing injection type articles! Can anyone point me in the right direction, or let me know if I'm mistaken that this is even a viable plan?



No comments:

Post a Comment