Thursday, May 14, 2020

Building a small business network.

Hello all,

My company is moving out of a shared office into our first building as we've out grown the space. Wifi was provided as part of our lease. As the new space requires setting up a network, I've been tasked with building this new network.

I'm a junior network admin, and so far the only experience I have is with Palo Alto and Cisco products. So I'm not sure who offers the best experience for each piece I need.

Company growth wise I need it to support up to 65 users in approximately 4200 sq feet with at least a 5 year life cycle. Currently were 21 people moving into a ~1700 sq ft space. Figuring two wireless devices per user.

I've been allotted $7,250 for the budget.

So far I have:

Firewall / Router : PA-820/850

Switch: Need a 16-24-port PoE model, tempted to go with Cisco here unless Juniper or another vendor has a better product.

Wireless: I really don't know who to go with for this piece. I figure starting off with one-two APs initially and buying additional ones if needed for coverage.

In regards to wireless coverage, what wifi site mapping software and tools are worthwhile? While I probably won't buy any wifi tools it would be nice to know for the future.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment