Saturday, May 16, 2020

RDP question from a dummy

Please bear with me - I am very green here and this is not my area of expertise.

I am trying to be able to access two different work PCs from home via RDP (not at the same time). Both office computers are Win 10 PRO and have RDP setup to allow access. I am geting stuck with the router config on my TP link router...

I added a rule in the router for service and internal 3389 with my IP address 192.168.x.xxx. Everything worked fine, and I was able to connect to the first PC from home. I can get the second PC to work if I modify the original rule and change the IP to the second PCs IP address, but I cant seem to add a second rule to allow both PCs. When I try to add another rule, I get the flowing message:

The entry already exists or its port is contained by another one.

What am I missing here? How can I allow myself to remotely connect to two different PCs on the same work network? Any help is greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I omitted any prudent information. Thanks again



No comments:

Post a Comment